Dec 21, 2008

My First Adjustment...

Posted by DeVille |

I am so happy with the results so far! It's only been three weeks (I had the adjustment 1 week early because his office is shutting down for Christmas) and already I see so much improvement and even a tiny little bit of widening in my arch, which I didn't expect to see at all! I haven't really experienced any discomfort other than a little bit of rubbing on my lower lip, easily fixed with some wax for a day and the only part I've still not been entirely comfortable with is brushing my teeth at work - but only when other people are in the room who seem to think it's OK to stop and stare!!!

Again I've gone for the clear ligs on top. I only had the others for two weeks, but I was still pretty happy with them after that time; they certainly had yellowed a little bit, but it really was only a slight change so I'm not yet too concerned about it. This will be the first time I have them for 4 weeks, so I'll see how they go then! The dental nurse was still a little huffy with me for not choosing white like she suggested, but as I tried to explain to her, I'll never know if I'm happy with clear ligs if I don't try and the white stained more in three days than these have in two weeks. At this stage I never plan on having coloured ligs anywhere but on the bottom as I don't see the point of having clear braces with

One thing I did notice when I was brushing my teeth last night, is that he didn't put a ligature on my top right second incisor. I'm not sure if this was intentional or not, but of course it was about two hours after his office shut that I noticed it, and he won't be open for 3 weeks, so I'll have no way of knowing for quite some time. Luckily it is on one of my two previously straight (and now even straighter) teeth so I don't think it will greatly impact on the movement - and I guess I won't have to worry about it staining!

Normal Smile:

Upper Arch:
Lower Arch: Day One Comparison:

Full Face:

0 comments:

Subscribe