Dec 1, 2008

Lesson 1: Avoid Lemsip!

Posted by DeVille |

It's been a few days and unfortunately I've had tonsillitis since Friday morning (started about 6 hours before I got banded) and I can officially report that the white ligs do stain like heck, and are now a lovely lemon yellow thanks to the lemsip I had to get some relief from my sore throat.

Oh well, at least it's only 3 weeks until the next adjustment so I can get them changed! I think I'll go with the clear ones next time... While I know they stain, in general I don't have a lot of heavily coloured food (I'll save my spag bol for the day before adjustments) and I think I'll just start using a straw for my cups of tea! At least there'll be a little more invisibility and I know now that the white will stain anyway.

One thing I was not prepared for was the face washing experience! The first day I washed my face I was thinking that it couldn't get stranger than feeling these giant lumps in your mouth, but it does... Wiggly teeth that move when you run the flannel over them *shudders*! That's an extremely odd sensation.

I've had no pain in my teeth whatsoever, though I'm not sure if it's because I've been so very sick and so my mind hasn't been on the braces (I had to be taken to the A & E I was so sick) or if there's just been no pain. I'm also feeling really self conscious about the braces, but again I think it's just because I'm feeling so low from being sick. My family was worried it was my braces making me ill, but I really felt bad on Friday morning a good 6 hours before so it's not them, but rather bad timing. Or good if it's masking the teeth pain :)

0 comments:

Subscribe