Dec 3, 2008

Back At Work...

Posted by DeVille |

So, of course, now I read that white and clear are the two colours that stain the most - duh! I knew about the clear but how I missed the white, I don't know.

Anyway, today was my first day back at work after the tonsillitis, and needless to say I sat at there all morning keeping my mough clamped shut until two really unexpected things happened...

1) One of the people I had told about the braces came up to see how I was this morning. It wasn't until she was talking to me in the afternoon when she said - 'hang on, have you got them on the top as well? Seriously, I didn't notice!'

This cheered me up no end because she actually knew to be looking...

2) One of my work mates came up to say good morning and after a few minutes he said 'have you got your braces on finally? Wow, they look really good!' Which made me feel a little special (although I think he was also buttering me up as I'm judging a contest he's in soon ;P) .

My big plan had been to get a new hairstyle and wear my contacts to detract from the braces, however having been unwell this just wasn't going to happen, so I was well pleased to get some compliments. By the end of the day I realised how silly it was to hide them and just started smiling and talking like normal! I did cave in though and called the ortho to arrange an appointment to change the ligs... And I know I'm letting myself in for it again, but I think I'll try the clear and stay well away from the lemsip which is what stained these ones! I've already de-coloured my pantry and fridge (apart from veges) and I don't drink fizzy drink or coloured drinks of any kind other than tea anyway. I've also stocked up on straws and am going to replace the manual toothbrush in my work 'kit' with an electric one. It's worth a try anyway!

The worst part so far is brushing my teeth at work, as there's no where private to go and everyone stares! I've also had to change my entire daily routine and started eating my breakfast before going into work - I didn't have a great time with that this morning as I usually eat at about 9.30am, not 6am! Other than that, there's simply no pain or major discomfort and I'm still happy!

0 comments:

Subscribe