May 22, 2009

Adjustment 6 - teeth changed over night!

Posted by DeVille |

So in the last couple of weeks I've been finding it increasingly harder to brush between the extraction gaps and thought that it was just me... Suddenly a couple of days ago I realised that in fact the upper gaps had closed an amazing amount, by about half in only a couple of weeks!

Something else new is my power chain, which I was surprised to get so soon as the ortho said he wouldn't start closing the gaps for a while yet. I have to say it's painful, but not anywhere near as much as I thought, so that's fine by me! I woke up a few times last night after clashing my teeth together in my sleep, but then I did that right back in the beginning too, and I'm finding it a bit difficult to eat because my molars ache when I do, but it's only just over 24 hours and already the ache is going.

In other news, the ortho told me that my bite has taken on a slant on top which could be quite difficult to fix. I'm not sure what this means for me yet, but he did say there was a possibility that it would correct itself. He's decided that until the top and bottom gaps are aligned he's only going to move the bottom teeth, so I expect that's why I got the powerchain earlier than expected.


Photo updates:

Normal Smile:

Upper Arch:
Lower Arch:
Comparisons:

0 comments:

Subscribe